Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ufo Spy Vs Spy

Posted by Unknown On 9:28 PM
Ufo Spy Vs Spy
The other day I blogged about another UFO blogger whose Twitter account I follow who made what I thought was a rather counter-productive statement in a recent tweet:

"After 66 years since the UFO wave, no one has yet to come forward with proof that aliens exist. Come on people. Send some proof. Please."

Well, my friend is at it again. Today I got another gem... First the blogger says this:

"Strange, several accounts associated with MUFON all the sudden are following me. Are they trying to learn from a pro or UFO espionage? LMAO"

Then one of his followers responds with this:


"some believe mufon has members that are actually spies for the govt which I totally believe...keep tabs on truth seekers"

Well, wow. So many problems with this exchange.

First, the English teacher in me has to point out that the correct expression is "all of a sudden," not "all the sudden. I realize he could have been cutting corners to get his tweet down to 140 characters, but I'm a writer and I don't approve.

Second, as a MUFON Certified UFO Field Investigator, I resent the accusation that anyone from MUFON who follows him on Twitter is "trying to learn from a pro" or spying on him. I don't believe for a second that this guy is a pro UFO investigator; in fact, it says right on his website that he works for an engineering firm. And how the hell would MUFON "spy" on this guy's twitter account, which is specifically intended to allow him to share every bloody thought that passes through his head the instant he thinks it with everyone on earth?

"

When will these two numbskulls ever learn?

Third, "LMAO"? I swear, every time I see someone using LMOA in a message I just laugh my ass off. Sometimes I even roll on the floor.

Fourth, I resent the suggestion that I'm a government spy keeping tabs on "truth seekers." Having been a MUFON Certified UFO Field Investigator for a year and a half now (not coincidentally the best year and a half of my life), I'm pretty sure there's nothing for the government to keep tabs on. MUFON meetings are open to the public, usually held in public libraries, their website openly lists all the UFO cases that are reported to them, they desperately fish for new members every chance they get, they're all over cable TV, and if you want to read all the supposedly secret case reports that MUFON supposedly refuses to share with the public, you can spend 20 to join and read any damn thing you want. Again, I ask: what's to spy on?

Dumb. Just dumb.



Source: aliens-are-friends.blogspot.com
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • Esoteric Books